Going to the UK isn’t easy but we have some reasonable visa tips. Previously, there was a report that 500 Nigerians were deported from the United Kingdom. Though mass media coverage later confirmed 48 persons were actually deported for offenses such as crime to illegal stay, fake document, and incomplete papers etc.
Living abroad without the appropriate papers or valid visas is unlawful and an offense, and can lead to detention or deportation, not to indicate the fact that it makes you a prey for the establishments over there. You live in complete uncertainty.
- Reasonable Visa Tips: Types of Travel Visas
There are different types of visas – and you must fully understand your reasons for traveling abroad to be issued the correct visa that covers your trip, or you may be turned back at the point of entry. There are different visa categories for students who wish to study abroad, businessmen who wish to attend a conference or conduct a brief business, tourists who wish to visit family and see various places of attraction, residence seekers who wish to settle down and acquire a job or provide some personal service abroad, and government officials who are visiting overseas for diplomatic purposes.
Read Also: Stress Visa Tips to Dubai From Nigeria
- Reasonable Visa Tips: Where to Obtain Your UK Visas Do not play into the hands of unregistered travel agents or get scammed by fraudsters who promise to secure your visas without fail. You must visit the British Consulate Office or the British High Commission in Lagos or Abuja to get your visa to the UK. You must have the necessary documents required before visiting to apply for a travel visa, and some of these documents will be listed out in the next section.
- Reasonable Visa Tips: Visa Requirements and Supporting Documents As a Nigerian traveling to the UK, you may be required to present the following documents in order to have your visa issued:
- Visa Tips: A valid ECOWAS travel passport – where required.
- Reasonable Visa Tips: Application Form – this may have to be done online.
- Reasonable Visa Tips: One passport-size (45mm x 35mm) color photograph on white background. This must not be more than 6 months old.
- Visa Tips: Required visa issuance fee.
- Reasonable Visa Tips: Evidence of permission to be in the UK if you are not already a citizen e.g. visa, green card, residence permit, etc.
- Reasonable Visa Tips: Photocopy of passport data page.
- Visa Tips: Letter of an invite.
- Reasonable Visa Tips: Proof of financial statement. Recent original bank statement of the previous 6 months.
- Reasonable Visa Tips: Birth certificate for children traveling with parents.
- Visa Tips: Applicants traveling on an official business should attach a letter of invite, confirmation of training/conference, with full details of the company’s authorized representatives; physical address and phone number.
- Visa Tips: Supporting letter from sponsor/friend – resident there or here in the country.
- Reasonable Visa Tips: Utility bills with proof of residential address.
- Visa Tips: Details of hotel and flight bookings.
- Reasonable Visa Tips: Marriage certificate where applicable.