How To Open A Nigerian Verified Business PayPal Account And Start Receiving Fund
It is now official; PayPal has lifted its restrictions on Nigeria. It is an amazing feat for the people who worked on bringing this to fruition. The joyous part is that to open a Nigerian verified business PayPal account is quite easy.
PayPal is undoubtedly the world’s leading online transfer platform and it is used by quite a huge number of people. Unfortunately, our notoriety made it impossible for Nigeria to be a beneficiary of the platform.
The truth is that Nigeria is good for business and when we set our sights on something, we tend to get it done. That happened to PayPal.
We won’t go into details on the factors that led to bringing the platform or better put, the factors that led to lifting the restrictions initially placed on Nigeria. Maybe we will do that in a different article.
Our focus is to explicate the procedures you will follow when you want to open a Nigerian verified business PayPal account.
We shall discuss three important aspects of PayPal in this article. We shall, first of all, discuss how to open a normal Nigerian PayPal account, then we will discuss how to open a Nigerian verified business PayPal account and finally, we will show you how to link a card to your PayPal account.
How to Open a Normal Nigerian PayPal Account
The normal PayPal account is the one you can use to buy products or renew your plans such as website hosting, domain name purchase, and other things. To open this kind of account, you will follow the guide below. card (if you have one). I suggest you click personal if this is your first time.
- Go to the PayPal Website here
- You will see signup. Click it and select personal or business. You should bear in mind that personal PayPal will be for your personal debit card and business is for your company debit card.
- Select personal then click continue. You will see “Nigeria” in the drop-down area, your email address and password.
- At this stage, fill in your email address. Any email will work (doesn’t have to be Gmail or Yahoo. It could be @yourcompanyname)
- You will need a password, so type in your password and make sure it is one you can remember.
- Move to the next page and type other details such as names, date of birth, address and phone number.
- Bearing in mind that you already have bank details filled out earlier, make sure that when filling in your address, it matches the same address details you filled when you opened a bank account
- It will take you to a page where you fill in your debit card details
- Your debit card has a card number, expiry date and the last three digits of it. Just type them in.
- A verification code will be sent to your email account. Go there and verify it.
- Your account is set up. Quite easy I guess.
- You can test run it by sending $10 to anyone or to your PayPal account abroad (if you have one)
- You will be debited in Naira and you should get an alert from your local bank
How To Open A Nigerian Verified Business PayPal Account
To the main business of the day, the business account; this is what to do. Follow the guideline below to open a Nigerian verified business PayPal account
- Go to this particular link
- You will have to type in your Email address and click “Get Started” button
- This is not a joke. Make sure you fill the signup form accurately with authentic information
- Just click the “Agree and Continue”button
- You will need to supply your business information and click “Continue”
- There is a place for personal information. Provide the needed information and submit.
- Give more details about your organization ( a short questionnaire about tax return) and click “Continue”
- Don’t forget to certify and submit your application -You are done.
- An email will be sent to you. Go to your email address to confirm your email and follow other instructions.
Hurray, someone has got his or her Nigerian Business PayPal Account. Oooopss!! Something is wrong. It seems you are not done yet.
You see, the Nigerian Business PayPal Account will not just accept payments like the normal one. It just got more interesting.
This is what will happen when you want to send money or someone wants to send money to you; an error message will pop up on her or her PayPal dashboard. The message is;
This recipient accepts PayPal payments only through their website. To complete this payment, please go to their website and follow their instructions, or email the recipient for instructions.
How To Link A Card To Your PayPal Account
The third part of this article is linking your card to your PayPal Account. It is an important step to follow when you want to open a Nigerian verified business PayPal account. You are free to link one or more debit cards. You can use the master card or any other supported card. Below is the guideline on how to do that.
- You just have to simply log in to your Internet banking account using your password and token
- Select the “PayPal wallet” in the main tab and click “create PayPal wallet” in the drop-down menu.
- Choose which cards you wish to link to your PayPal account and which card will be the default card. Try using one card for easy reconciliation
- Click the button on your online token and confirm accordingly
- Create a password in the pop-up window that appears
- Click on “agree and create account”.
- Go to your registered email account with the bank which confirms that you have created a PayPal account.
- You are done.