Leo Stan Ekeh whose full name is Leonard “Leo” Stanley Nnamdi Ekeh is a Nigerian businessman and the CEO of Zino Technologies Limited. He is also he has been affiliated with companies Task Systems, Technology Distributions Limted, ICT Brokers, TD Plus, ICT Connect and Buyright AFRICA Dotcom.
Leo Stan Ekeh was born on the 22nd of February, 1956 in Imo State to a middle class family of a dieticain mother and a father who was a nurse. He has three brothers and two sisters.
Leo Stan Ekeh stands to be a man who is well educated and well travelled. His yearning for knowledge indeed took him to many different countries. He started with Holy Ghost College, Owerri for his secondary education and then went on to India for his university education from where he obtained a degree in economics from Punjab University. He proceeded to attend the Cork City University, Ireland. He however transferred to Nottingham University in UK from where he got a degree in management.
Rise to Prominence
Leo Stan Ekeh is notably a man who is not scared of paving paths and pioneering technological trends. His company Task Systems Limited is accredited with pioneering Desktop Publishing and Computer Graphics in Nigeria. He notably computarized up to 95% of the Print Media, Publishing Houses and Advertising Agencies in Nigeria. Through another company of his, ITEC Solutions, he also pioneered IT Solutions in not just Nigeria, but the whole of West Africa. He also pioneered IT Distribution in West Africa through Technology Distributions Limited, TD which stands to be the Number 1 ICT distribution company in West Africa. TD has consistently won the highest industry Awards and recognitions for market penetration, revenue and preferred partners status in West Africa for ten years. It is also the most awarded ICT Distributor in the whole of West Africa.
He founded Zinox Technologies Limited in 2001. The company manufactures its own Zinox Computers which stands to be Nigeria’s first internationally certified branded computers. Zinox computers has some features which sets it apart like the Naira sign and a power supply modeled to suit the erratic nature of electric power in Nigeria. The company is WHOL certified and has the attainment of NIS ISO 2000: 9001 OMS Certification. The company announced the production of its computer tablet line in October 2013.
Leo Stan’s career has however not being without some controversy. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission questioned him alongside two other officials of the Zinox Technologies Limited in September 2016 over an alleged contract fraud. Mr Ekeh denied any wrongdoing.
Read Also: Full Biography and Net Worth of Tony Elumelu
Leo Stan Ekeh’s Accolades
Leo Stan Ekeh has won over 60 Awards. A few are listed below –
- On the 1st of October 2002 he was awarded the Icon of Hope (President Olusegun Obasanjo)
- Officer of the Order of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, OFR
- Fellow of the Nigerian Computer Society, FNCS
- ICT personality of the Year
- Doctor of Business Administration (Honoris Causa) Imo State University, Owerri
- Doctor of Business Administration (Honoris Causa) Federal University of Agric, Makurdi
- Doctor of Technology (Honoris Causa) Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
- Fellow of the Lagos State Polytechnic Lagos.
- Doctor of Science (Honorary) University of Jos
- Corporate Citizen of the Year Award 2002/2003, Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria.
- Information Technology Personality of the Year 2002 Award (IT & Telecom Digest)
- Director – Nigerian Economic Summit Group
- Fellow of the Federal Polytechnic, Idah.
- Life Membership, Nigerian Institute of International Affairs
- Fellow of the Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Owerri, Imo State
- Distinguished Fellow of the Nigeria Law School
- 2003 Nigerian Science and Technology Achiever of the Year