Preparing your vacations can be difficult whether you want to travel alone or with your household. You have to consider hotel bookings, air permits, travel plan, packing and so on. All these preparations are required if you must have a decent vacation travel insurance strategy before traveling abroad from Nigeria.
A good vacation travel insurance plan lessens the danger of monetary loss during your travel. It ensures you for mishaps, sicknesses, missed flights, misplaced baggage, stealing, emergency evacuation and so on. However, selecting the right vacation insurance plan can be a little tasking if you don’t have the correct information.
Schengen Countries Vacation Travel Insurance
Nigerian citizens are demanded to have an insurance plan already before being given visa.
- Your vacation travel insurance plan must be handout by an accredited Schengen insurance firm.
- It must be usable in all Schengen countries and provide a cover of 30,000 Euros.
- It must cover your total duration of your trip. Which means you have to purchase your vacation travel insurance plan counting the days you will be outside of Nigeria. The charges for small and extended journey varies quite a lot.
- Insurance plan is only demanded if your visa is accepted. You can get your money back from the company by presenting a proof that it was truly rejected. Only a small dispensation fee is collected by most companies.
Worldwide Vacation Travel Insurance
- Nigerian residents traveling to anywhere except Schengen areas can get an all-inclusive insurance plan that will cover them anywhere in the world apart from Nigeria.
- Endeavor it covers in case you miss your flight for any unpredicted event such as a sick family, car accident etc.
- It should provide limitless health cover and a free selection of medics and hospitals when the need arises.
- You should be protected for departure in case you need to be transported to another location during an emergency.
- Baggage insurance can be bought separately but it is sometimes included in some comprehensive packages. Read the terms and conditions to make sure you’re covered.
General Tips and Tricks on vacation travel insurance
- You will be paying more for your vacation travel insurance always if you purchase it through a travel agent. Make sure you look around for other options to get the finest deal.
- A la carte insurance plan – These days’ companies are rendering distinct plans for theft coverage, medical coverage and even several plans for diverse ages.
- Check for holiday insurance companies that are recommended from the country’s embassy you are obtaining the visa from in Nigeria.
- Solitary or annual plan – Most firms will have distinct plans for single trips and everyday flyers that make many trips outside Nigeria. You can always check in advance and pick the one that suits your travel needs. These vacation travel insurance tips will save you money and give you peace for you to enjoy your time.