Application For MLDI Digital Rights Advancement Grants 2018 | All You Need To Know
Application For MLDI Digital Rights Advancement Grants 2018
There is an ongoing application for MLDI digital rights advancement grants 2018, and we will be bringing all the details to you. The media legal defense initiative (MLDI) is seeking this application so as to improve local access to legal assistance for online media and bloggers in order to advance digital rights and standards into the online freedom of expression. The media legal defense initiative was established to provide journalists, bloggers, and other independent media around the world with legal help. At the moment, they are seeking to partner with NGOs, law centers, and other independent media outfits in East, West, and Southern Africa to advance digital rights and freedom of expression online. The MLDI is been funded by donations and much of their work greatly relies on pro Bono as well as other volunteer contributions.
Application For MLDI Digital Rights Advancement Grants 2018 Objectives
MLDI is providing 6-8 months grants that range between £14,000-£16,000 to organizations that have a history of defending and supporting the right to freedom of expression. The grants can be used for the following kinds of projects in East, West or Southern Africa:
- To provide for legal advice as well as support services
- To embark on advocacy activities on laws and/policies that limit the freedom of expression online, advocate for the complete implementation of court rulings that promote digital rights.
- To form strong coalitions that will resist and reform laws and/policies that limit freedom of expression online
- To build and strengthen regional relationships with digital rights advocacy groups
- To also analyze laws and policies that impede on the freedom of journalists, bloggers, and independent media
- To carry out research and monitor violations of the rights to freedom of expression online
- There may be considerations for other projects, but it must be discussed with the project coordinator before application.
Application For MLDI Digital Rights Advancement Grants 2018 Eligibility Criteria
All organizations must meet the following criteria before they can be considered for this grant
- The grant is only open to NGOs, law firms, and other independent media outfits registered in East, West or Southern Africa
- The organization must prove of interest in advocacy, litigation, and/or provisions of legal support
- All organizations must have sufficient administrative and financial capacity that will enable them to comply with MLDI’s reporting requirements.
Method Of Application For MLDI Digital Rights Advancement Grants 2018
All interested organizations must submit a concept note to the MLDI’s grant application portal or contact the MLDI’s project coordinator at Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.mediadefence.org for more information.
The deadline for all applications is Thursday 9th August 2018 at 23h59 (GMT+1)